This week marks the Summer Solstice, the official start of summer and the longest day of the year. People around the world celebrate all that daylight and the kick-off to summer with shared events and personal rituals. In case you still don’t have plans, here are 5 ways to that you could ring it in:
- Attend a Festival. From Harvard’s scientific celebration in Cambridge to the more free-spirited approach in Seattle’s Fremont neighborhood, cities all over the country host public festivals that you can attend. Wear something comfortable, breathable, and playfully whimsical like our strappy-back Harper Easy Fit Pullover Bra.
- Soak up that extra sunlight. The longest day of the year means the most daylight — take full advantage by hitting the pool or the park for some extended fun in the sun. Pair the True Body V-Neck with a pair of high-waisted cut offs for a comfortable, cute outfit made to beat the heat.
- Throw a Stonehenge Party. Even if you can’t watch the sunset at those famous rock formations, you can still don floral crowns and create your own take on the ancient English celebrations (nothing says modern-day druid like our Crochet Lace Cut-Out Bodysuit). Extra points if you can think of a Stonehenge themed menu.
- Have a Midsummer Night’s Dream. In many cultures the summer solstice is treated as a celebration of fertility, so why not use it as an excuse to up the romance? Throw a blanket down with your partner and watch those long daylight hours fade to night. We suggest wearing our lacy Seaside Unlined Longline Bra and matching Lace Brazilian Panty for an unforgettable start to summer.
- Collect new energy. Many believe that the Summer Solstice brings an opportunity to absorb new energy for the season ahead. Set aside time to meditate, be outdoors or just reflect on the first half of 2017 as you channel energy into making the next half of the year even better. A great way to start: finding your Top Three Bras and committing to a year of lingerie that fits (and makes you feel amazing!).